La Porte des Anciens Maires
Fifty-year-old witness of the life of the Maskoutains, the Porte des Maires, was inaugurated on September 29, 1927. The construction plan was inspired by the castles of the first part of the French Renaissance (1509-1531) at the time of the Kings Louis XII and François 1. On the door, there is a durable metal plaque mentioning that it was built in honor of the former mayors of the city of Saint-Hyacinthe and in commemoration of the centenary of the Honorable Georges-Casimir Dessaulles and the names of eleven first mayors of the city, Messrs. Louis-A. Dessaulles, Maurice Laframboise, Magloire Turcot, Adolphe Mailhot, Casimir Dessaulles, Louis F. Morison, Louis Cote, Euclide H. Richer, Eugene St. Jacques, Paul F. Payan and Rene Morin.
Source: Saint-Hyacinthe History Center